2017 USPA Iowa State Championship: SOLD OUT!!!!
Hosted by: Wesley Keith & Jake Hartman
When: October 21, 2017 @ 9:00 AM
Sanctioned By: United States Powerlifting Association (USPA)
Where: Wellmark YMCA
501 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Who: 60 lifters competing on 1 platform
Eligibility: Any male or female 13 years or older. Lifter must be a current USPA member. Memberships are $50 for adults (High School - $25). Good for 1 year from date of purchase. Must be purchased online before contest.
Divisions: Open, Junior 13-15, 16-17, 18-19, 20-23, Submaster 35-39, Masters 40-44, 45-49, etc
- Men: 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 220, 242, 275, 308, 308+
- Women: 97, 105, 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198. 198+
Full Power, Push/Pull, Bench Only, Deadlift Only
Raw, Raw Classic & Singly-Ply
- One-piece singlet must be worn, as a minimum for all lifters. Underwear must be "v" type legless aka "tighty whities", or jockstrap. No compression shorts or spandex allowed.
- Raw Division: requires a one piece singlet, and allows 4 inch wide buckle or lever belt (no velcro belts or padding on the inside of belts), wristwraps can be up to 1 meter, and single layer kneesleeves. Over the calf long socks required for the deadlift for all lifters.
- Classic Division: is raw except it allows up to 2.5 meter kneewraps for the squat.
- For all women's and light weight men's (181 lbs and under) squat flights, the 20 kg bar will be used. For all other flights the 25 kg long bar will be used.
- See USPA rulesbook by clicking here.
Registration: The cost of the meet is $85.00. Each additional division is $25. To sign up for the please scroll to the bottom of the page and add it to your cart. A pop-up screen will appear for you to fill out your information.
- Once you have signed up for the meet there will be NO REFUNDS issued for any reason and you will not be allowed to sell your spot.
Meet Shirt: We will have a meet shirt and are currently working on the design. Once it is finalized it will be uploaded for you to see. Pre-ordered shirts will be $15. Day of the meet they will be sold for $20.
Weigh-ins & Equipment Check:
- October 20, 2017
- 9:00-11:00 AM @ 22nd Street Barbell
- 4:00-6:00 PM @ Wellmark YMCA
- Equipment to have checked include:
- Required: singlet, t-shirt, underwar, deadlift socks, shoes
- Optional Equipment: belt, wrist wraps, knee sleeves, knee wraps and headbands
- Click here for a list of approved equipment.
Rules Meeting: Saturday, October 21st @ 8:30 AM (All lifters are required to be in attendance for the rules meeting!)
Lifting Starts: 9:00 AM
- The plan is to start lifting right at 9:00 AM. If you are in the first flight you may need to start warming up prior to the rules meeting, which will last 5-10 minutes.
Admission: $10 for spectators (12 & under are free)
Setting Records: We are hoping to have 2 national level judges at the meet so that records can be set. Once we have all of our officials lined up for the day we will let you know for sure so please check back. Current judges include Jake Hartman (National), Kelly Lovan (State), & Dan Schneider (State)
Awards: 1st, 2nd and 3rd medals will be given in each division. Also, a best male and female lifter will be awarded.
Questions: If you have any additional questions contact Wesley Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-289-6093.
Wait List: The October 21, 2017 USPA meet is currently full. To be put on the wait list please fill out the information below.
Once you have signed up for the meet there will be NO REFUNDS issued for any reason. This also means you can not transfer your entry fee to an upcoming meet nor are you allowed to sell your spot.
Meet shirts currently being designed. We will upload a design once it is finalized. Shirts are being pre-sold for $15.00 A limited quantity will be available meet day for $20.00