2017 USPA 22nd Street Barbell Open
Hosted by: Wesley Keith & Jake Hartman
When: April 1, 2017 @ 9:00 AM
Sanctioned By: United States Powerlifting Association (USPA)
Where: Elite Edge Gym
116 SE Lorenz Drive
Ankeny, Iowa 50021
Who: 100 lifters total competing on 2 platform
Eligibility: Any male or female 13 years or older. Lifter must be a current USPA member. Memberships are $50 for adults (High School - $25). Good for 1 year from date of purchase. Must be purchased online before contest.
Divisions: Open, Junior 13-15, 16-17, 18-19, 20-23, Submaster 35-39, Masters 40-44, 45-49, etc
- Men: 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 220, 242, 275, 308, 308+
- Women: 97, 105, 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198. 198+
Full Power & Bench Only
Raw, Raw Classic & Single Ply
- One-piece singlet must be worn, as a minimum for all lifters. Underwear must be "v" type legless aka "tighty whities", or jockstrap. No compression shorts or spandex allowed.
- Raw Division: requires a one piece singlet, and allows 4 inch wide buckle or lever belt (no velcro belts or padding on the inside of belts), wristwraps can be up to 1 meter, and single layer kneesleeves. Over the calf long socks required for the deadlift for all lifters.
- Classic Division: is raw except it allows up to 2.5 meter kneewraps for the squat.
- For all women's and light weight men's (181 lbs and under) squat flights, the 20 kg bar will be used. For all other flights the 25 kg long bar will be used.
- See USPA rulesbook by clicking here.
Registration: The cost of the meet is $80.00. To sign up for the please scroll to the bottom of the page and add it to your cart. A pop-up screen will appear for you to fill out your information.
- Once you have signed up for the meet there will be NO REFUNDS issued for any reason and you will not be allowed to sell your spot.
Meet Shirt: We will have a meet shirt and are currently working on the design. Once it is finalized it will be uploaded for you to see. Pre-ordered shirts will be $15. Day of the meet they will be sold for $20.
Weigh-ins & Equipment Check: 9:00-11:00 AM & 4:00-6:00 PM
- March 31, 2017 @ 22nd Street Barbell
- Directions to 22nd Street Barbell: Go to the west side of the mall between Kohl's and Younkers. You will see a large green dumpster (I know it sounds weird). Behind that you will see a door with the 22nd Street Barbell logo. Open the door and follow the signs downstairs to the gym.
- Equipment to have checked include:
- Required: singlet, t-shirt, underwar, deadlift socks, shoes
- Optional Equipment: belt, wrist wraps, knee sleeves, knee wraps and headbands
- Click here for a list of approved equipment.
Rules Meeting: Saturday, April 1 @ 8:30 AM
Lifting Starts: 9:00 AM
- The plan is to start lifting right at 9:00 AM. If you are in the first flight you may need to start warming up prior to the rules meeting, which will last 5-10 minutes.
Admission: $10 for spectators (12 & under are free)
Setting Records: We are hoping to have 2 national level judges at the meet so that records can be set. Once we have all of our officials lined up for the day we will let you know for sure so please check back.
Awards: 1st, 2nd and 3rd medals will be given in each division. Also, a best male and female lifter will be awarded.
Questions: If you have any additional questions contact Wesley Keith at email@example.com or 515-289-6093.